Job Title: Resident Manager
Reports to: Senior Director Housing and Development
Full Time, Regular Exempt
Link to download job description
Join a passionate, dynamic team dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women, and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all. For over 100 years, YWCA San Francisco has provided programs and services that form a critical continuum for underserved members of our community. Amongst many service options, we provide safe, clean and affordable apartments for low-income seniors and people with disabilities in the heart of San Francisco’s Chinatown area.
The Resident Manager is responsible for the overall operation of the property and the day-to-day implementation of procedures and programs to ensure safety, security, maintenance and administration of the building, ensuring a well-managed, well-maintained living space. The Resident Manager must work within established management operating and fiscal policies and ensures compliance with all regulatory agencies. The Resident Manager position includes managing onsite staff, as well as maintaining a safe environment for all residents. This position will report to the Sr. Director of Housing and Development.
The Resident Manager will be required to live on site and responsible for after hour emergencies. Fluency in Cantonese is highly desirable.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Supervises and is responsible for performance of all onsite staff. This can include Administrative Assistant, Facilities Manager, and Maintenance personnel. This includes goal setting, planning & evaluations and that staff adhere to organizational personnel policies and procedures, including health & safety.
- Ensure that property is properly maintained physical to meet REAC standards and organizational standards.
- Move in/move out turnover, rent collection management
- Ensures program and administrative compliance and effective compliant management Process (HUD and YWCA compliance)
- Ensure consistent application of rules and regulations, lease and lease addenda and documents and documents all violations.
- Update operational policies and procedures including House Rules, resident policies and procedures in partnership with the Sr. Director of Housing and Development to identify resident needs
- Ensures strict, exact and transparent compliance with HUD regulations.
- Coordinate HUD Management and Occupancy reviews re-certification, and contract renewals as well as voucher submission (TRACS system)
- Financial report generation and some budgeting.
- Assist with renewal of HAP contracts.
- Working knowledge of applicable local, state and federal housing and health and safety laws.
- Respond to resident complaints and Section 504 requests in a timely manner as set forth by the organization’s policies.
Education and/or Experience
- Property management experience.
- Minimum of three years’ experience as a manager of multi-family housing.
- Experience in generating property budgets.
- Experience in managing affordable housing developments, with preferred experience in HUD Section 202/8 properties. Working knowledge of applicable local, state and federal housing laws including Fair Housing and Landlord and Tenant laws required.
- Minimum of three years’ supervisory experience
Special Conditions of Employment
- Valid TB Test
- Fingerprint and have cleared background check
Position based at YWCA San Francisco Apartments (Chinatown area). This is a regular, full-time exempt position that includes a 2 bedroom/1 bath apartment (onsite) in compensation package.
YWCA San Francisco Marin is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building a diverse workforce.
Please submit CV, cover letter and salary range expectations to HR@ywca-sv.org.
All applications are appreciated. Please note only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.